A fast-paced guide to get you started with cross-platform mobile application development with Google Flutter
- Get started with cross-platform mobile app development by understanding the fundamentals of Flutter
- Discover widgets in Flutter and get to grips with routing and navigating
- Work with platform-specific code to use native features and deploy your application on iOS and Android.
Flutter is a cross-platform mobile application development framework that uses Google’s Dart language to make development easier, faster, and more efficient. This book will guide you right from getting acquainted with Flutter to successfully developing a cross-platform application.
The book starts by introducing you to Flutter and how to configure it. You’ll then delve into the world of widgets, explore the existing widgets catalog, and learn how build new ones. As you advance, you’ll study networking and accessibility with Flutter. The book also shows you how to use Silvers and covers the use of constraints and animations. Before you complete your development journey by deploying your Flutter apps on Android and iOS, you’ll work with Firebase for cloud messaging and remote configuration.
By the end of the book, you’ll have learned everything you need to get started with using Flutter for cross-platform mobile development.
What you will learn
- Explore the widget catalog for your mobile development projects
- Use listview and scroll widgets to design your interface
- Get to grips with networking for your Flutter apps using Dart programming
- Build and publish plugins to pub.dart.com
- Use Firebase cloud messaging and remote configuration
- Build and release your application on Android and iOS
Who this book is for
If you’re a mobile or software developer looking to build cross-platform applications with Flutter and Dart, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Flutter
- Getting Started with Flutter
- Widgets, Widgets Everywhere
- Exploiting the Widgets Variety
- Widening our Flutter Horizons
- Using a Platform to Power Flutter Apps
- Firebase – Flutter’s Best Friend
- Deploying Flutter Apps