Some experience with programming and development
Aptitude for programming and problem solving attitude
Basic knowledge of Flutter would be a plus but not required
Enthusiasm to create something out-of-the-box
A powerful enough computer with Windows or Mac
Android Studio and XCode
A reliable internet connection
Getting Started with Flutter and Firebase is a complete course about full-stack application development for Android and iOS using Google’s new and popular framework – Flutter and one of the most popular BaaS – Firebase. In this course, you will learn all about Flutter and Firebase while working on a real-world social application. At the end of the course, you can publish your app on the Google Play Store or on the Apple App Store.
We start by learning the basics of Flutter and Firebase. Once introduced to both the technologies, you will learn about building the front-end of the mobile app using Flutter using the built-in widgets and the back-end will be taken care of by Firebase. The code for each lecture is available for students to refer to in an easy to use and organized way. A repository will be shared with each student and the code for each lecture is available on a separate Git branch. You can clone the repository as well.
You will be building a Social Mobile App using Flutter and Firebase – Feedly.
You will learn about
- Building User Interfaces with Flutter – You will start by learning the basics of Flutter and Firebase. Throughout the course, you will learn about various widgets built into the framework and use them in a real app. You will learn how to build beautiful user interfaces and adding interactivity to them using Dart, which is the primary programming language for Flutter.
- Firebase Authentication – You will learn to create authentication flows using the Flutter and Firebase. The users’ creation and authentication will be taken care of by Firebase Auth. This takes away all the pain about user management. All you need to do is hook your app up with Firebase Auth and your users can start signing up and logging in into your app using their emails and passwords. We will also work towards building a good user experience, and for that, we will use various features and widgets built into Flutter.
- Cloud Firestore – Cloud Firestore is a flexible, scalable database for mobile, web, and server development from Firebase and Google Cloud Platform. You will learn how to store and retrieve all the data of your application using Cloud Firestore. You will learn about querying data and using the Future API to display data in the app, asynchronously. You will be using Flutter widgets like ListView and FutureBuilder to build all the user interfaces.
- Firebase Cloud Storage – The social app that we will be building in this course, Feedly, allows its users to click pictures using their phone’s camera, or choose one from the phone’s photo album and upload them. We store all these images in a secure and accessible cloud location. Cloud Storage for Firebase is a powerful, simple, and cost-effective object storage service built for Google scale. You will learn about clicking images using the phone’s camera and uploading it to Firebase Storage.
- Firebase Cloud Functions – Cloud Functions for Firebase lets you automatically run backend code in response to events triggered by Firebase features and HTTPS requests. You will learn about creating Firebase functions to implement the Likes and Comments functionalities in our app, called, Feedly. This will allow the users to like posts made by other users and also comment on those posts. All this data is updated in real-time in the app, thanks to Firebase Cloud Functions and Cloud Firestore’s real-time capabilities.
- Firebase Cloud Messaging – Firebase Cloud Messaging allows you to send notifications to your users to keep them engaged with the app. In this course, you will learn about sending notifications to users of your application. You will be sending notifications to a user whenever someone likes their posts or comments on their posts. Since we are building a real-world social mobile app, cloud messaging is one of the most vital features to keep users engaged with the app. These notifications will be automated using Firebase Cloud Functions.
So, what are you waiting for? Start learning and build your own real-world social mobile app with Flutter and Firebase.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn to build Mobile Apps
- Students who want to create an outstanding project
- Professionals who want to become Full-stack developers
- Native Android and iOS developers who want to explore more horizons
- Anyone who wishes to develop mobile apps for Android and iOS
- Anyone who wishes to get started with Flutter