Have Flutter installed
Experience building mobile apps with Flutter
Prior Firebase experience is beneficial, but not required
No experience with state management required
Looking to learn how to build real world social apps for Android and iOS with Flutter and Firebase?
Welcome to my Instagram Course, where you will learn how to build a fully functional Instagram clone with Flutter, Firebase, and Bloc state management.
I’ll teach you how to interact with a Firestore database and manage the state of your app using Bloc architecture. Bloc is a state management library that allows us to separate our UI from our business logic. Understanding how to properly manage state is essential in building a production ready mobile app.
You will learn how to:
- Utilize Bloc state management (flutter_bloc)
- Implement Firebase Authentication (email/password signup and login)
- Architect a scalable database with Cloud Firestore
- Paginate Cloud Firestore documents
- Write and deploy Cloud Functions
- Post cropped images
- Add comments to posts
- Like and unlike posts
- Seach for users in the database
- Follow and unfollow users
- Build your own custom widgets and learn how to build complex user interfaces
- Keep a maintainable file structure and write clean code
- Navigate with named routes
- Asynchronous programming with streams and futures
- Write your own custom widgets
- Best practices to increase your app development speed
- And much more!
- Have Flutter + an Android emulator and/or an iOS simulator installed
- Intermediate experience building mobile apps with Flutter
- Prior Firebase experience is beneficial, but not required
To make sure that you all succeed with this course, join our Discord community to ask questions, meet others, and chat about programming and tech! We’re all in this together 🙂
I hope you enjoy this course, and I’m looking forward to seeing the amazing apps you create!
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate to advanced Flutter developers
- Developers who want to build social apps with Flutter & Firebase
- Developers who want to create scalable mobile apps with Flutter & Firebase
- Developers who want to dive into state management with the Bloc library (flutter_bloc)